UAS- Drone TESTING CENTER and CONSULTATIONS
WE ARE HERE TO HELP - GET YOUR RATINGS AND FLY SAFE OR TAKE YOUR PROJECT TO NEW HEIGHTS!
Specialized Helicopters offers new and current drone operators a place to go with questions and assistance. Our team can help you by using our vast and extensive aviation knowledge applied to Drone operations. Aviation can be challenging and difficult but now we face a whole new challenge with the integration of this new type of aerial vehicle. Is your operation safe, legal and viable? We are here to help you answer those questions and more.
See below for more information and call us anytime for a free consultation.
Are you a rated pilot that needs a temporary certificate now! - we can help. call now to get flying tomorrow.
sUAS DRONE GROUND CLASS - Classes now available
Drone Pilot Certification - $399
($249 for the class and $150 for the FAA test)
Study at home, Take our 5 hour ground school, take the FAA exam, submit your paperwork and done!
We guarantee you'll pass the FAA written sUAS commercial pilot exam or the next class and exam are free!
- 5 hours of Ground Class
- 1 on 1 instruction with your specific questions
- Assistance with registration for the FAA sUAS written exam
- FAA written test fees (with CATS testing here at our facility) $150 charge included in $399 price
- Assistance filling out the FAA online IACRA application (using our computers)
- All materials, pen, paper and note book provided (you don't need to bring anything except your ID)
- Small class size (limited to 3 test takers and max of 5 students per class)
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be able to fluently read, wright and understand the English language (if you are not sure, then we have a small in person exam you can take to see if you qualify)
- Be in a physical and mental condition to safely operate a small UAS
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of the FAR part 107 regulations.
- Have completed enough study time at home to have an understanding of aviation weather, weight and balance, Part 107 regulations, aero-medical and general understanding of the FAA airspace system. It is helpful to read our drone FAQ page and read over the materials below.
- UAG-TCO (Our training course outline for the class, download and read)
- Knowledge Test Study Guide (PDF)
- Contact CATS testing at: 1-800-947-4228, option #3, Let them know you are taking the test at Specialized Helicopters in Watsonville, CA. Pay and register for your test ($150 fee). If you can not take the test for any reason, you do not loose any money, you can simply change to another date/time. If you need to pay with cash, you can register when you arrive at our facility and pay us directly for all the fees and charges and we will setup your test with the FAA.
- US citizens and resident aliens: Be in possession of a current and valid personal ID or drivers license with your current address, photo, date of birth and signature.
- Non-US citizens: Be in possession of a passport AND a Driver permit or license issued by a U.S. state or territory; or Identification card issued by any government entity
- For FAA rated pilots - call for details ( you can still attend this class but have separate requirements)
NEW Small UAS Rule (new part in title 14 of the CFR: Part 107), includes operating rules, and safety regulations for operating and certification of small unmanned aircraft systems (drones) weighing less than 55 pounds that are conducting non-hobbyist operations, to be effective August 29, 2016.
Quick Reference Links:
- Becoming a UAS Pilot
- FAA Website: Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS or Drones)
- UAS Privacy Best Practices for UAS Privacy, Transparency, and Accountability
Remote Pilot Knowledge Test Prep:
Suggested Study Materials:
- Knowledge Test Study Guide (PDF)
- Knowledge Test Guide (PDF)
- Knowledge Test Sample Questions (PDF)
- Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (PDF)
- Watch part 107 videos here - click
Requirements and Process for Becoming a Pilot: